What You Can Expect By Using The Davis® Method:
- Improved reading
- Increased ability to focus
- Increased control of energy level
- Coping mechanisms for dealing with frustration
- An understanding that they are intelligent and can be successful
- The understanding of why Dyslexia is a “gift”
- Improved self esteem
The Davis® Method helps with:
- DYSLEXIA – challenges with reading, writing and spelling
- ADD/ADHD – challenges with attentiveness, impulsivity and/or hyperactivity
- DYSCALCULIA – challenges with math
- DYSGRAPHIA – challenges with handwriting
- DYSPRAXIA – challenges with balance and/or coordination
- AUTISM – Developmental disability that can cause problems with communication and social interaction.
There are over 70 different learning disabilities that fall under the DYSLEXIA umbrella. So, what do they all have in common? That is the million dollar question. The answer is simple… DISORIENTATION.
Disorientation can be problematic.
When we are disoriented, our visual, auditory, balance mechanisms and time perceptions are ALTERED.
Orientation is the key.
When we are oriented, our visual, auditory, balance mechanisms and time perceptions are ACCURATE!
RENAISSANCE MIND PROGRAM DETAILS
STEP 1: CLIENT ASSESSMENT
One-on-one consultation to assess suitability of Davis® Program for the client, and determine which program will best fit client’s needs. Duration is 1-2 hours.
STEP 2: PROGRAM SELECTION
Our programs typically take 5-10 days to complete. A 1-hour lunch plus short breaks are included in each day. All programs are one-on-one with Dr. Angie, and incorporate Davis Orientation Counseling® and Davis Symbol Mastery®. Select programs incorporate Davis® Concept Mastery.
DAVIS DYSLEXIA CORRECTION® PROGRAM (age 8+)
DAVIS® READING PROGRAM FOR YOUNG LEARNERS (age 5-7)
DAVIS MATH MASTERY® PROGRAM (age 8+)
DAVIS® ATTENTION MASTERY PROGRAM
STEP 3: SUPPORT TRAINING
On the last day of the program (in the final hours), Dr. Angie trains the client’s support person (family, tutor, teacher, friend, etc) on how best to support the client in post-program exercises. These post-program exercises are pivotal to the client’s success.
STEP 4: POST-PROGRAM EXERCISES
Client will perform post-program exercises to ensure continued success. All materials are provided.
STEP 5: FOLLOW-UP REVIEW
Three 2-hour follow-up visits are scheduled as needed. Email and phone consults.
LICENSED DAVIS® FACILITATOR. Professional services described as Davis®, Davis Dyslexia Correction®, Davis Symbol Mastery®, Davis Orientation Counseling®, and Davis Math Mastery® may only be provided by persons who are employed by a licensed Davis Specialist, or who are trained and licensed as Davis Facilitators by Davis Dyslexia Association International.
Davis Autism Approach® is a trademark of Ronald D. Davis. Commercial use of this trademark to identify educational, instructional, or therapeutic services requires licensing by the trademark owner.